by Great Clean, Inc. | Aug 11, 2016
One of the biggest causes of productivity loss in an office are germs that cause employees to get sick. A healthy office is a productive office. How often does your office environment get cleaned? Do you have your own staff do the cleaning or do you utilize a commercial cleaning service?
According to a study by Kimberly-Clark Professional, who used a device that measures levels of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) on about 5,000 surfaces in office buildings with about 3,000 employees, surfaces measuring over 100 needs a scrub down while measurements over 300 are considered high risk for spreading illness. Here are some of the worst offenders that may make you cringe and hire a commercial cleaning service:
- Break room sink faucet handles (300+ ATP count)
- Microwave door handles (300+ ATP count)
- Computer keyboards (300+ ATP count)
- Refrigerator handles (300+ ATP count)
- Water fountain buttons (300+ ATP count)
- Vending machine buttons (300+ ATP count)
- Computer mice (100+ ATP count)
- Desk phones (100+ ATP count)
- Coffee pots and dispensers (100+ ATP count)
While it is impossible to completely eliminate germs, washing hands, wiping and sanitizing surfaces can help reduce the chances of catching cold, flu and stomach viruses by as much as 80%.
What is increased productivity worth to your company? Does the cost of hiring a professional cleaning service make financial sense compared to the amount of sick pay and loss of productivity costs?
Great Clean, Inc. has been providing commercial cleaning services for over 20 years in Orange County, Rockland County and Bergen County. Let us focus on what we do best while your company focuses on what it does best.